[Tutor] Web browser

Liam Clarke cyresse at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 07:10:52 CEST 2005

For what Ismael wants, you'd need to use PyXPCOM.

IMAO, on a Win32 box, if you're not browsing dubious sites, it's not really
worth the effort of trying to grasp XPCOM, when ActiveX/COM & IE are sitting
there ready to use with a simpler interface.

My $0.02.

On 6/12/05, Terry Carroll <carroll at tjc.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Jun 2005, Ismael Garrido wrote:
>
> > I've been looking around for a web browser either written in python, or
> > with python bindings.
>
> MozPython? http://www.thomas-schilz.de/MozPython/README.html
>
> > What I need to do is load a web-page, enter a password-protected site
> > and follow certain links, it needs to have frames and follow the refresh
> > meta. I'm running winxp, python 2.4
>
> Why not write a scraper, using something like Beautiful Soup?

'There is only one basic human right, and that is to do as you damn well
please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, to take the consequences.'