[Tutor] Clearing the Console Screen

Don Parris webdev at matheteuo.org
Thu Jun 16 18:54:09 CEST 2005

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:24:32 -0400
Kent Johnson <kent37 at tds.net> wrote:

> > Mind you, there may be other areas where I need an OS-specific command.
> > I'm beginning to get an idea of the challenges of portability though. ;)
> Python actually gets a lot of this right, you may find it's easier than
> you think to write portable Python.

Hmmm, I'm using Python 2.3 on SUSE Linux 9.2 at home, and the latest Python
on WinXP at my job (I get to do some non-work-related stuff during my
downtime at work).  So far, I haven't had any problems running my script on
either box.  Frankly, I'm finding Python to be quite easy to learn.

With a little help from the standard tutorials, this list, and my co-worker
(experienced developer), I've managed to get my menu system functioning
rather well, and can even connect to the MySQL database to print off a
member roster to the console.  All this in less than two weeks.  I even
found a better way to print the menus to the console.  These successes are
what makes developing a program exciting.

Meanwhile, I'll check out that site/code.  Again, I appreciate the help.

evangelinux    GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/                   http://chaddb.sourceforge.net/
"Free software is like God's love - you can share it with anyone anytime