[Tutor] loading an image into a Postgre database

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Jun 23 01:46:08 CEST 2005

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, Mike Hansen wrote:

> Thanks Danny. That did the trick. I think I had thought about putting
> the variables in the execute statement, but I didn't run across any
> examples. I'll need to read the DB API 2.0 docs some more.

Hi Mike,

No problem; it's actually a really common mistake in many introductory
language/db binding tutorials too.  AMK's tutorial doesn't mention it:

so you'd have to either read the API really closely, read a tutorial that
does mention it, or get someone to point the problem out.  *grin*

By the way, if you're going to do a lot of DB stuff, you may find the
DB-SIG a useful resource too:

Best of wishes!