[Tutor] Improving printouts from IDLE

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 27 08:57:42 CEST 2005

> The printing facility provided with IDLE is rather rudimentary.
Is there
> any way of obtaining better quality printouts from IDLE?

Specifically what would you like to 'improve'?

Do you mean sopmething like the HTML output of vim
or the pretty printer of emacs or pythonwin?

IDLE just sends the file to Notepad so far as I recall,
you could potentially change it to send it via another
print enabled program... But if you want to keep the
colour coding that might be harder.

Sounds like a worthwhile mini project for someone to try
and submit to the oidle developers... the joys of open-source.

Alan G.