[Tutor] Criticism / Suggestions

Andrzej Kolinski AKolinski at nriindustries.com
Tue Mar 1 16:04:07 CET 2005

On my way to write my own scripts from scratch I'm still assembling bits
and pieces from everywhere in the Python universe to create little
programs that help me automate updating my website:
- to invoke a players' ranking program,
- to convert text files to php formats,
- ...

I would like to go even further and employ Tkinter to:
- open and run a C and/or Python code (including arguments where
necessary),
- name and safe generated html/php files.

The only thing I found is the following line of code:
filemenu.add_command(label="Open...", command=askopenfile)
- which obviously does not do the job.

Therefore, what would be the right command within Tkinter to do what I
need?

Andrzej Kolinski
office 416.652.4256
cell.   416.838.7667