[Tutor] How to use threads ?

Mark Kels mark.kels at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 20:35:56 CET 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 12:25:37 -0800 (PST), Shitiz Bansal
<shitizb at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Here is a simple program
>
> class abc(threading.Thread):
>     def __init__(self):
>         threading.Thread.__init__(self)
>         self.x=1 etc. etc.....
>         self.cont_flag=1
>     def run(self):
>         while self.cont_flag:
>            print self.x
>            (you can set the self.cont_falg to zero
>             whenever you wish to end the loop(and
> hence
>             the thread., either
>             here, or even from outside the thread.
>             of course, it isnt necessary that your
>             thread is a loop, it can be a finite
>             function.)

Thanks alot !!
I think I got it ths time.
The only problem is that when I try to do it my thread doesnt closes.
When does a thread closes ?

Thanks again.

--
1. The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the
day they start making vacuum cleaners.