[Tutor] Paradox database files

Victor Bouffier apple_py at biz-experts.net
Tue Mar 8 17:06:50 CET 2005

Hi all,
I know this is OT from Python, but does anybody know how to fix my
library issues. I get some awkward dependencies issues from these pylib
libraries.

# rpm -Uvh pxlib-0.4.3-1.i386.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
        libbz2.so.1.0 is needed by pxlib-0.4.3-1.i386

but when I look into my libraries I find the necessary ones under /usr/lib:

# ll /usr/lib/libbz2*
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 67594 Jun 15  2004 /usr/lib/libbz2.a
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root    11 Feb  6 11:02 /usr/lib/libbz2.so -> libbz2.so.1
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root    15 Feb  6 10:10 /usr/lib/libbz2.so.1 ->
libbz2.so.1.0.2
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root    24 Mar  8 09:41 /usr/lib/libbz2.so.1.0 ->
/usr/lib/libbz2.so.1.0.2
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 71724 Jun 15  2004 /usr/lib/libbz2.so.1.0.2

I created the second-to-last symlink with no success. I also added
'/usr/lib' to /etc/ld.so.conf as suggested in a newsgroup.

I've got a Fedora Core3 with both apt and yum installed, and both tell
me I've got the latest libraries (bzip2-libs). If you believe I should
post my question elsewhere, please let me know.
Thanks.
Victor

apple_py wrote:

> [...]
Victor Bouffier