[Tutor] and once i have learned how to program ?

Paul Tremblay phthenry at iglou.com
Fri Mar 11 21:12:27 CET 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 02:26:48PM -0500, Jeff420harris00 at wmconnect.com wrote:
> From: Jeff420harris00 at wmconnect.com
> Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:26:48 EST
> To: tutor at python.org
> Subject: [Tutor] and once i have learned how to program ?
>
> Once i have learned how to program what can i do with the programs can they
> run out side of the python shell like on My OS or a game? My OS is window XP
> home

Yes, python will act like any other program, such as C++. If you want to
use python to run a gui (graphical user interface), then you would use
Tinker. Just to give you an idea, I just downloaded a program called
skencil. I get in the shell and type "skencil". I then get a window for
to draw in. I take my mouse and make lines and drawings. I point my
mouse to the file window and pull down the menu for save to save my
document. So the application works exactly like, say, Adobe Draw, with
small difference that I had to start it form my shell. I'm pretty sure
there are ways to start applications without a shell. That isn't too
hard. The hard part is writing a program with a graphical interface.
This is always hard, in any languge.

Paul