[Tutor] creating a tab delimited filename

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Sun Mar 13 19:45:06 CET 2005

jrlen balane wrote:
> what does a tab delimited filename mean? how am i going to make this?
> also how does it  differs from space delimited, csv, and others?

I think you probably mean "tab-delimited file", not "filename".

A tab-delimited file is similar to a space-delimited file. It is typically a record-oriented text
file with one record per line, with fields of a record separated by tabs.

Like space-delimited files, this is a very easy format to read and write.

Kent