[Tutor] python>data>sqlite>python>data>paper

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 14 03:14:56 CET 2005

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005, [iso-8859-1] Jan Ekstr=F6m wrote:

> I have looked through a lot of tutor documentation. But I would ask
> someone to show me python code for putting som data in a sqlite database
> and code showing how I get data out of such a database

Hi Jan,

You may want to look at:

    http://www.linuxjournal.com/articles/lj/0110/6650/6650l3.html

SQLite is, by its name, a light SQL database, so you may find the
documentation in:

    http://www.python.org/topics/database/

and, in particular:

    http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/2605

helpful in getting started with SQL databases.  You might also find the
Database Special Interest Group (DB-SIG) a valuable resource:

    http://www.python.org/sigs/db-sig/

> and finaly code for printing data on a special part of a paper.

I think you might need to be more specific here.  Can you give us more
details about how you're trying to print, and what you mean by "special
part"?  Without any more details, I can only guess that you might be
interested in the Reportlab PDF generator:

    http://www.reportlab.org/rl_toolkit.html

but again, I have no clue what you mean yet.  *grin*

Best of wishes to you!