[Tutor] I need some guidance

John Carmona jeannot18 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 24 17:50:21 CET 2005

Thanks everybody for their input. It is great to know that there are some
people ready to help.

Ara Kooser, what I meant by this "science", I have meant programming, sorry
if I was not too clear.

Alan, I will check those programming contests you were talking about, but
only when I will feel ready for it.

Liam thanks for all the advices, I have started to read Alan's tutorial also
(so much to read and not enough time).

Thanks Jacob for the tips also.

Alan, I am a bit lost when you wrote:
"
Read a lot and experiment a lot. Thats where Pythons >>> prompt really
helps. You can build quite sophisticated programs very quickly just by
typing
at the >>> prompt. The only snag being that you can't then save them!

So far I have been using IDLE Python GUY apps, working on some of the
examples from the tutorials, saving them and pressing F5 to run them. (I use
by the way Windows XP and the Python v2.4). Do you mean writing from the
Command Line windows instead to use the IDLE one?

Thanks also for pointing out about the Open Source Projects, i will check
that out once I feel confident enough (probably will take a while)