[Tutor] Python and Javascript

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Fri Mar 25 21:41:07 CET 2005

> I'm curious on whether or not JavaScript and Python can talk to each
> other. Specifically, can a python function be called from within a
JS
> function? Admittedly this is probably more of a JavaScript than
Python
> question, but I'd  love to know if anyone can at least point me in a
> direction to research this.

As ever, it depends.

If you are using WSH on Windows and have the Python active scripting
installed then yes. Similarly if you use IE as web browser then it
can be done in a web page too.

If however it's server-side JavaScript the answer is probably no
unless you count using web services such as SOAP and XML/RPC.

Alan G.