[Tutor] An attribute error problem

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Mon Mar 28 20:50:07 CEST 2005

Kevin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I fond this game on the internet I was able to fix most of the errors
> that it was giving and it will
> now start up ok. However when you try to enter a name to login to the
> game it will crash and
> give this:
>
> in sServer.py
> line 42, in removeConnection
>     self._descriptors.remove(conn._fd)
> AttributeError: 'tuple' object has no attribute '_fd'
>
> How would I go about fixing this.

This error is because the caller is passing the wrong kind of argument to removeConnection. It seems
to expect a connection object but it is getting a tuple instead.

My guess is the error is the line
   self.closeConnection((self, f))
in checkConnections(). The argument is (self, f) which is a tuple. Maybe it should be
   self.closeConnection(self._connections[f]) ??

> I have uploaded to entire game to http://lotheria.com/mudmaker.zp if
> anyone would care to
> take a look at it.

That should be http://lotheria.com/mudmaker.zip