[Tutor] Launching a file browser

jfouhy at paradise.net.nz jfouhy at paradise.net.nz
Tue Mar 29 02:24:32 CEST 2005

Quoting Mike Hall <michael.hall at critterpixstudios.com>:

> I get the impression some of these "Mac" modules are more relevant to
> os 9 than 10(which is Unix), so maybe EasyDialogs is not the right
> choice here. Any suggestions are appreciated.

So, you are writing a GUI app and you want some kind of open file dialog?  Won't
this depend on what toolkit you are using for your GUI?

If you are using Tkinter (which should work on OS X, I think), try:

>>> import tkFileDialog
>>> f = tkFileDialog.askopenfilename()

Check dir(tkFileDialog) for other functions.

But other GUI toolkits will have their own functions.

--
John.