Fwd: [Tutor] Text and Tkinter

Liam Clarke cyresse at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 01:01:54 CEST 2005

Oops, to list also.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Liam Clarke <cyresse at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:01:36 +1200
Subject: Re: [Tutor] Text and Tkinter
To: Igor Riabtchuk <igor.r at vodafone.net>

Yes.... I suppose.

I don't use Tkinter overly much, so this may not be correct,
but I understand that when you insert text you use
someTextWidget.insert("the text", <pos>) where <pos> can be a numeric
index, or a special position like END.

So....
I would do this -

text = "hello bob"
for char in text:
     someTextWidget.insert(char, START)

Give it a go, anyway.

Regards,

Liam Clarke

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:54:27 +0100, Igor Riabtchuk <igor.r at vodafone.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As I am sure you know, the text widget in Tkinter by default prints keyboard
> output left-to-right. Is there a way to make it print right-to-left?
>
> Igor

'There is only one basic human right, and that is to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, to take the consequences.