[Tutor] Problem with threading

Alberto Troiano albertito_g at hotmail.com
Mon May 2 23:36:48 CEST 2005

Hey all

This is the program I need to do and I haven't been able to figure out

>From a web page (PHP), I'm creating users and an IP Camera that sends me
photos all the time. The user configure his recording time and then a daemon
has to check for the photos that does not  belong to the recording time.

Now I need to start a process for each user because I think is the only way
to accomplish this.

Someone suggested the use of CRON (I'm working over Linux) but how can I
built a program to which I can pass an argument???????

I mean in CRON I will have to put one task for each user and each script has
to check only one user, so I think I have to make something like this in
cron:

at 5 o clock run python2.2 application_I_build(username)

I don't know if I make myself clear about what I want

Thanks in advanced

Alberto