[Tutor] help

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri May 6 02:00:17 CEST 2005

On Wed, 4 May 2005 Bxny1971 at wmconnect.com wrote:

> i need help with my wmconnect service.  it keeps on losing connection
> once logged on-line every 5 or 10 minutes.  i have to continuosly keep
> trying to make a connetion.

Hello Keisha,

I hope you don't mind me asking, but how is this related to Python?

I'm trying to figure out what we can do to help, but I think this is out
of scope --- it sounds more like a problem with your 'wmconnect' ISP than
anything.

You could probably write a "keep the connection alive" program in Python,
but there are so many of those kinds of programs out there already, that
it's probably worthwhile to just use a preexisting one, rather than code
your own.  Most home routers these days also support an option to
periodically poll to keep an internet connection up, too.

Good luck to you.