[Tutor] ANN: version 0.8 of RUR-PLE

André Roberge andre.roberge at gmail.com
Sat May 7 01:28:39 CEST 2005

For those interested in a different approach for learning to program
using Python, I would be interested in your thoughts about RUR-PLE.

The latest version (0.8) is available on sourceforge:
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=125834

Note that the home page for the project is hopelessly out of date.
RUR-PLE has evolved greatly since.
I really should do something about it... :-(

RUR-PLE requires wxPython.  The download is fairly large, due to the
many graphical elements included in the lessons.

Even if you can't afford to spend much time with it, I would *really*
welcome the feedback of at least some of the many experienced tutors on
this list.  Even if you just had a look at it for 5 minutes (after
the download!)
I have much to thank you for already, as I feel I have learnt *lots*
from reading messages on this list
(one of my first post here:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2004-September/031884.html
After many years of doing other stuff, I'm starting to program again,
just for the fun of it (and to teach my kids),
learning Python along the way.