[Tutor] output of dictionaries

Tom Cloyd tomcloyd at bestmindhealth.com
Tue May 10 17:46:50 CEST 2005

I'm creating a small database using a dictionary of dictionaries, and I
want to output it to a file. It seems that only strings can be output to
files, and I cannot quite figure out how to quickly and simply convert my
dictionary to a list of strings or whatever. Or maybe I'm going about this
all wrong.

So, the most general form of my question: how can I store a dictionary
containing some data records stored as dictionaries - a dictionary of
dictionaries - in a file, so I can read it back in later and process its
contents?

Thank you very much for your generosity in giving some of your time to
this service. I'm very grateful.

-- t.

Tom Cloyd
Bellingham, Washington, U.S.A: (360) 920-1226
<< BestMindHealth.com >>