[Tutor] [ANN] new version of rur-ple (0.8.5)

Andre Roberge andre.roberge at gmail.com
Tue May 10 21:41:31 CEST 2005

On 5/10/05, Bob Gailer <bgailer at alum.rpi.edu> wrote:
>  At 08:48 PM 5/9/2005, André Roberge wrote:

[snip]

>  On http://rur-ple.sourceforge.net/en/errors.htm Reeborg
> appears as Egrebor. I assume that's incorrect.

You are indeed correct.   Thank you for pointing this out.

Just for a historical note:  rur-ple is inspired by GvR which stands
for "Guido van Robot".  I can not think of a better name for it (kudos
to Steve Howell).

I struggled to find the right name.  Initially, I called the robot
"Cleese" (because of his "funny walk" in addition to the Monty Python
reference) but that didn't seem right, given the intended audience.
Then, I chose the reverse of my last name (which you caught, I hope,
the last mention of it).  My spouse suggested an anagram of my name
instead.  This, I assume, led to the following comment on
comp.lang.python:

"Surrender to Python - Resistance is futile! "

I like that :-)

André