[Tutor] following the chain

Liam Clarke cyresse at gmail.com
Wed May 11 02:36:31 CEST 2005

While we're on challenge 4, I assume a linked list is important. Can anyone
point me at a good introduction to linked lists?

Oh, and Servando - I use urllib like this -

>>>import urllib
>>>opener = urllib.URLopener()
>>> page = opener.open('http://www.google.co.nz')
>>> pageData = page.read()

With urllib (& urllib2) you can add some fancy stuff to the basic URLopener
object, including cookie handling.

Regards,

Liam Clarke

On 5/11/05, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk> wrote:

> > import urllib
> > name="some URL"
> > X = urllib.urlopen(name)
> > print X
> >
> > the output of X in very strange to me. I have include the exact
> output:
> > <addinfourl at 585200 whose fp = <socket._fileobject object at
> > 0x91068>>
>
> The message is the clue. urlopen returms a fileobject. So you
> treat X like an open file. You have to read() from it to get
> the data.
>
> Alan G.

'There is only one basic human right, and that is to do as you damn well
please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, to take the consequences.'