[Tutor] YATENJoe

Andrei project5 at redrival.net
Wed May 18 08:45:22 CEST 2005

Joseph Quigley <cpu.crazy <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a way of telling Python to make a new line after you press Enter
(return)?

Return automatically ends the current input line (and therefore starts a new
one) when you use raw_input.

>> I would suggest that you learn a bit more about Python's facilities before
>> embarking on an ambitious project :) - you won't get very far without knowing
>> how to use lists and dictionaries.

> So that's one of the ways Dicts, and lists are used for? I never could fully
grasp their use.

Perhaps you should have a look at "How to think like a computer scientist in
Python" (http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/). Chapters 8 and 10 discuss Lists
and Dictionaries
  http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/chap08.htm
  http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/chap10.htm ,

but I'd recommend you read all of it (or another Python tutorial).

Yours,

Andrei