[Tutor] Python in HTML

Alan G alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Sun May 22 00:50:57 CEST 2005

> specific bit of code I'm having trouble with is the part that
selects a
> random song from the playlist.  To make sure every song is selected
at
> least once, i tried to copy the playlist and have it choose songs
from
> the copy, removing each song as it is played, and refilling the copy
> when it is empty.

OK, so what happened?
Did you start just making the copy and playing the songs from the
copy?
Did that work OK?

Does the random number generation work - I assume you tested that by
just writing out the sequence of numbers first?

And finally when you use the random numbvers to select songs does it
pick the songs as you expect?

I still don't know what we are looking for as a problem?

But writing code in Javaript is like any other language, except
the debugging environment of poorer! You start doing the easy things
and build on features one by one, fixing as you go. As soon as you
get a feature working put it in a function. It keeps the working code
and experimental stuff separate!

Alan G.