[Tutor] Python in HTML

Alan G alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Sun May 22 10:09:09 CEST 2005

HI Orri,

> >OK, so what happened?

You still aren't telling us what happens. Its very hard to find
a fault in a program when you have no idea what the problem is.
The code is very likely doing what you have asked it to do,
so when we read it it will seem to 'work' at a superficial level.

Without a clear explanation of the problem you force the tutors
to read every line closely, and speaking personally, I don't have
enough free time for that, I need to know what I'm looking for.

> Well, like I said, the darkplayer is on an online journal, which
means
> that the only output possible is modifying the option strings of
songs
> as they are played or something similar.  I do know that the random
> number generator works, and the songs played always match the option
> selected.

So you got a version working that played the sings in random order?
Or did you write separate programs, one that demonstrated the random
generator working and another that played songs with diffrerent
options?

> However, this was before adding the bit about copying the
> songs and playing from the copy.

So if you forget about playing the songs can you copy the songs and
generate a random selection from the copy?

Alan G.