[Tutor] passing variables between frames?

Jeff Peery jeffpeery at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 00:00:25 CEST 2005

Hello, I am having trouble with passing variables between frames (Frame1 and Dialog1).  I'm using wxpython to write an application. when I run my application the parent frame appears and within the parent frame I can assign values to variables.  I then have a button that launches a child dialog.  I want to access the values from the parent frame in the dialog.  for example say I had a listbox in the parent frame and I choose the first entry 'a' from the list.  I then launch the child dialog and I want to put the value of the selection from the list box into a text field - when I lauch the child dialog a text field appears with the value '0'. From within Frame1 I can use the getselection() function to get the listbox selection. although in the child dialog I tried to use Frame1.listBox.getselection() to get the selection from Frame1. this doesn't work. not sure what to do here? any ideas? thanks.

Jeff