[Tutor] Filtering Spreadsheet Data

Max Noel maxnoel_fr at yahoo.fr
Tue May 24 15:30:11 CEST 2005

On May 24, 2005, at 14:22, Mike Hansen wrote:

> Excel has some nice database-like queries itself. Take a look at
> Advanced Filter
> in Help. You can essentially query a worksheet and even send the
> results to a
> different worksheet. I'd imagine that once you got the query
> working, you could
> automate it using VBA or Python.
>
> Mike

     If you want to do it in Python, the easiest way is to export the
spreadsheet as CSV in Excel, then use the csv module to do your
processing. If needed, convert back to XLS afterward.

-- Max
maxnoel_fr at yahoo dot fr -- ICQ #85274019
"Look at you hacker... A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting
and sweating as you run through my corridors... How can you challenge
a perfect, immortal machine?"