[Tutor] xml

Roel Schroeven rschroev_nospam_ml at fastmail.fm
Wed May 25 09:55:31 CEST 2005

D. Hartley wrote:

> And just in case anyone *isnt* working on the riddles....:
>
> anyone have a pointer to a *SIMPLE* intro to xml as used in python? I
> looked in the library and there are about 11 xml-related modules.
>
> Perhaps something.... 'remote'..... ;)

The 'remote' is the key indeed. What you need is xmlrpclib (as you
already discovered). It uses XML, but that's only behind the scenes, you
shouldn't have to deal with it yourself.

The system.listMethods() an system.methodHelp() functions in the module
should prove useful. And the 'Example of Client Usage' in the library
reference, of course.

Roel Schroeven