[Tutor] (no subject). Ord and Chr query

Alan G alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Thu May 26 23:44:51 CEST 2005

Hi John,

> Alan I am just going through the book "Learning Python" written by
Lutz and
> Ascher, and this is part of one exercise.

I suspected it might be something you were doing just to explore.
Lutz and Ascher is a great book but they do assume some knowledge
of programming and computer concepts.

> putting my head around in writting even very simple script. I can
see the
> whole picture but have enormous problem in putting it down to paper

Learning to think in the minute level of detail that a computer
'thinks' is half the battle of programming. Humans are intelligent
but slow, computers are stupid but fast. You have to break every
action down to the simplest level and get the sequence just right.
But once you do get this stupid box responding to your every whim
then it is a grat buzz!

Alan G.