[Tutor] wxpython button icons?

Christian Wyglendowski Christian.Wyglendowski at greenville.edu
Tue May 31 16:52:58 CEST 2005

Hey Jeff,

Checkout "images.py" in the wxPython demo directory.  If you put it in
your python path somewhere you can do an "import images" and then write
code like this (grabbed from the wxPython toolbar demo):
<pythoncode>
tb = self.CreateToolBar( wx.TB_HORIZONTAL
                                 | wx.NO_BORDER
                                 | wx.TB_FLAT
                                 | wx.TB_TEXT
                                 )

        tb.AddSimpleTool(10, images.getNewBitmap(), "New", "Long help
for 'New'")
        self.Bind(wx.EVT_TOOL, self.OnToolClick, id=10)
        self.Bind(wx.EVT_TOOL_RCLICKED, self.OnToolRClick, id=10)

        tb.AddSimpleTool(20, images.getOpenBitmap(), "Open", "Long help
for 'Open'")
        self.Bind(wx.EVT_TOOL, self.OnToolClick, id=20)
        self.Bind(wx.EVT_TOOL_RCLICKED, self.OnToolRClick, id=20)
</pythoncode>

There are probably other ways to do this as well, but there's my .02!

Christian
http://www.dowski.com