[Tutor] Python and sock

ciclope disalvo.antonio at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 23:24:10 CET 2005

Hi, I have a question about the use of a sock server under python.
I wanna a little program I'm writing to use a sock server, either version 4
or 5.

How can I make it communicating through a such SOCKS server under python,
without using a SOCKScap like software, but easily using something like a
socket module that implements an interface to those servers? I found a very
old implementation for python 1.x (If I remember correctly) but obviously it
doesnt work for me.

I know I can socksify the sourcecode of the socket module, but before doing
this I would know if there is already something.

Thanks in Advance

PS: sorry for the English, but it isnt my mother language ;-P