[Tutor] saving project

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Sun Nov 6 20:47:20 CET 2005

>    Firstly I am a new programmer on python. I am using Python 2.4.1
> with IDLE 1.1.1

Welcome to the tutor list!

> I can't save my poject in my computer. how can I save my projects and
> in  which format I must save my projects.

Provided you have typed your code into a new editor window - by
selecting File->New fromthe menus. Then File->Save As... should save
the programme

You can save the session from the interactive prompt too by doing the
same thing, but it doesn't really help since there is no way to reload it
again - I keep meaning to try to write a filter to allow that!

Basically treat the >>> prompt as a scratch pad for ideas that will be
thrown away. Anything you want to save has to be typed into a python
programme file.

HTH,

Alan G
Author of the learn to program web tutor