[Tutor] Who called me?

Andrei project5 at redrival.net
Tue Nov 8 20:57:34 CET 2005

Bill Campbell wrote:
> Is there a way in python for a method to determine its parent?
 > In particular, I'm working with SimpleXMLRPCServer, and would
 > like to be able to find the client_address in the routine that
 > has been dispatched.  I know that client_address is an attribute
 > of the handler class instance, but don't know how to get to that.

I'm not sure what you mean by its parent (also never worked with
SimpleXMLRPCServer). Something like this?

 >>> class A(object):
...     pass
 >>> class B(object):
...     pass
 >>> def func(self):
...     print self.__class__
 >>> A.f = func
 >>> B.f = func
 >>> a, b = A(), B()
 >>> a.f(), b.f()
<class '__main__.A'>
<class '__main__.B'>

--
Yours,

Andrei

=====
Mail address in header catches spam. Real contact info:
''.join([''.join(s) for s in zip(
"poet at aao.l pmfe!Pes ontuei ulcpss  edtels,s hr' one oC.",
"rjc5wndon.Sa-re laed o s npbi ot.Ira h it oteesn edt C")])