[Tutor] Video

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Nov 9 07:29:06 CET 2005

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005, Eric Walker wrote:

> I would like to do some testing of video streams from say a vcr tape.
> Possibly using the PVR type capture card. Maybe modules to control it..
> or some info on how I can control it through C/C++ and link those
> functions into python.  Are there any python user groups or modules that
> could help me in this regard?

Hi Eric,

You probably want to ask this on a newsgroup like comp.lang.python; I
don't think many of us here are familiar with PVR stuff.  There are such
systems written in Python.  For example, Freevo:

    http://freevo.sourceforge.net/

but the subject is so specialized that Python-tutor probably won't be too
effective.  A larger audience like comp.lang.python might be able to give
you better guidance.

Good luck!