[Tutor] Can I use TKInter and Pygame together?

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun Nov 13 05:34:09 CET 2005

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005, Nathan Pinno wrote:

> Can I use Pygame and TKInter together in the same application? I want to
> use TKInter for the message boxes, and Pygame for the actual game
> interface, but is this possible?

Hi Nathan,

Yes; here's a link to an example that combines both Tkinter and Pygame.
(It appears to be a chapter out of Deitel & Deitel's "Python How to
Program" book.)

http://www.informit.com/content/images/art_deitel_pigame/elementLinks/pythonhtp1_24_article.pdf

... oh, I forgot!  This question came up about three years ago.  Ah, found
it.  Here you go:

    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2002-July/015679.html

It's probably a good idea to talk with the pygame folks to integrate
pygame-controlled widgets with tkinter-controlled widgets.

Best of wishes!