[Tutor] Python / OS X recommendations

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Mon Nov 14 12:45:01 CET 2005

Benjamin,

> I am looking for some advice about Python resources for the Mac OS X

Can you tell us what background you have?
Are you a MacOS programmer? Have you used Objective C or Java
to build a Mac application for example? Do you already know Cocoa?

There are loads of general MacOS programming sites which could
be useful depending what your background is. THe obvious starting
point is the Apple Developer site...

http://developer.apple.com/

> missing. I tried downloading the activestate python tool, but i cant
> seem to install it.

I may be wrong but I thought ActiveState targeted Windows,
do they have any MacOS tools? Which tool did you try to load?

Alan G
Author of the learn to program web tutor