[Tutor] Looking for suggestions

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Mon Nov 14 14:59:47 CET 2005

->Terry<- wrote:
> Now here is the perhaps silly question. Is
> something like this need to have a license?
> What I mean is, as I play with and improve
> this game and want to share it with others,
> should I choose a license and add the legal
> stuff with the distributed product?

Just a quick note about this. If you are planning to distribute casually maybe it doesn't matter. But for more formal distribution (e.g. a permanent web site) you do your readers a favor by explicitly stating the terms under which they can use your code. Absent a license, honest users must contact you before they can use your programs.

Kent