[Tutor] Any TurboGears users out there?

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Mon Nov 14 19:37:36 CET 2005

Alan Gauld wrote:
> I just stumbled across TurboGears:
>
> http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2005/11/08/turbogears.html
>
> Its based on CheryPy which consistently gets good reviews but adds SQL
> access and XML templates. Sounds interesting, possibly even a Zope rival
> for the medium sized as opposed to massive site..
>
> Is anyone on the list using it? Or even looked at it?

I have looked at it to the extent of getting through the tutorial and a little more playing. It looks very promising to me. CherryPy, SQLObject and mochikit all have good reputations and TG seems to do a good job of gluing them together. Kid (the template engine) is not as mature as the others but it seems to work OK.

I used CherryPy 1 for a small work project. It was very easy to build the web site. I found the built-in webserver lacking in some of the basics like a usable request log but I think this has been fixed in CP 2.

Kent
--
http://www.kentsjohnson.com