[Tutor] TurboGears - and some issues

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Mon Nov 14 23:33:01 CET 2005

Alan Gauld wrote:
>> CheeseShop
>
> New one on me!

CheeseShop is formerly known as PyPI, the Python Package Index. It's a central repository for Python add-ons.
http://www.python.org/pypi

> If I'm not busy I try to scan c.l.p but mostly its
> just too busy. Nonetheless its my primary source of new stuff, its
> fairly easy to scroll down lookling for subjects beginning [Ann:]

If that's all you want from c.l.p it's easier to subscribe to python-announce and the cheeseshop feed.

> However I have to say I'm pretty conservative when it comes to Python
> addons. I don't use many and I only look for them when I have a specific
> need.

Maybe we should start a thread of favorite addons. For me, Jason Orendorff's path module is definitely #1 on the list, probably followed by Fredrik Lundh's ElementTree.
http://www.jorendorff.com/articles/python/path/
http://effbot.org/zone/element-index.htm

> I only found the TurboGears stuff because someone asked about
> MacOS resources and Apple were highlighting TG on the developer page...
> It caught my interest because I'm exploring JSP/Tomcat and Struts just
> now for my day job, so anything related to Web frameworks...

You have my deepest sympathy :-) Maybe you could use TurboGears instead.

Kent