[Tutor] How do I display a changing thing in text?

Hugo González Monteverde hugonz-lists at h-lab.net
Tue Nov 15 05:05:06 CET 2005

The interactive intepreter is you friend. Of course I'm using actual
numbers instead of variables for the examples. Let's see

IDLE 1.0.3
 >>> "Computer = %1.0d Player = %1.0d" (1,2)

Traceback (most recent call last):
     "Computer = %1.0d Player = %1.0d" (1,2)
TypeError: 'str' object is not callable

HMMMM what is the problem?

 >>> "Computer = %1.0d Player = %1.0d"%(1,2)
'Computer = 1 Player = 2'

Here you go. You were missing the % sign after the string, with in this
case is the operator...

Hugo