[Tutor] How do you read this mailing list ?!?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Tue Nov 15 05:30:46 CET 2005

> It's a little confusing for me, are there some special
> programs for reading mailing lists or you use just
> basic mail client ?

Interesting question!

The list comes in many flavours.
The most basic form you just subscribe and it sends you emails which you
read using your normal email client.

Then you can set up digest delivery - which I use - where the list sends you
the messages in bunches as a single email. YOu still use the basic client to
read them but uyou have to open the digest message then open the inner
messages from there.

The list is also available as an archive on the web at both ActiveState and
on the Python.org web sites. YOu can use a browser to read it there.

And lastly gane make it available as a news feed (and web site) which
you can access via any newsreader -I tend to use this when away from
my PC.

So your simple question has maby answers, choose whichever one
you like! :-)

Alan G
Author of the learn to program web tutor