[Tutor] Help me

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Nov 15 20:16:18 CET 2005

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, sivapriya pasupathi wrote:

> I am planning to start my career in computer programming.But i don't
> have specific resource(websire/book) to improve my basic computer
> programming skills.If you know any helpful resources,please let me know.

Hi Priya,

Welcome aboard!

If you're looking for Python-specific resources, have you had a chance to
look through the Python.org web site?  There should be a lot of useful
links from the Beginners Guide and the Non Programmers tutorial list:

As far as books on paper, there's a good list here:

I've used Learning Python, and from what I remember, it was a fine

Unfortunately, I came to Python with previous programming experience, so I
might not be the best person to point out what books are friendly to
people starting from scratch.  *grin*

Does anyone else have recommendations?