[Tutor] Favourite modules - Wiki Was Re: TurboGears - and some issues

Christopher Arndt chris.arndt at web.de
Wed Nov 16 02:20:00 CET 2005

Ron Phillips schrieb:
> A wonderful idea! I have created a wiki page in Python.org with a list
>
> of such 'favourite' modules.
> Please take a look:
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/UsefulModules

Good idea! The GUI section might be problematic, though. I don't see that any
of the main GUI alternatives (GTK,Qt,wxWindows,Tk,PythonCard,...) can claim a
definite prefernce among the Python crowd and they are all more or less
Pythonic (except maybe Tk). Probably better just to link to some other
comprehensive list there.

Maybe a section on Template engines (Cheetah)?

And somewhere docutils belongs on that list, but i don't know where. Maybe
source code documentation? But then you'd probably have to list epydoc, gendoc,
etc. as well.

Fact is, that there are a lot of domains, where a clear favourite or "standard"
module has not emerged yet. E.g. audio, configuration file handling, HTML form
generation/validation, postgres database access, and so on...

Chris