[Tutor] smtplib alternative???

Liam Clarke-Hutchinson Liam.Clarke-Hutchinson at business.govt.nz
Mon Nov 21 01:29:55 CET 2005

>Generally smtp servers are only configured to send to or from domains in
which they belong.

Hmmm... several ISP's I've used allow any value in the "From" header field.
I'd also like to mention that while many SMTP servers will only allow a
valid domain address in the From field, there is usually no such restriction
on what you stick in the "Reply-To" header field.

(I'd like to point out that using fake "From" addresses gets boring after
about the fifth prank email from big_Billy.G at microsoft.com to your
friends...)

The ability to change a "From" field is very useful for automated emailing.
(By which I don't mean spam, but those emails from noreply at foo.com...)

Regards,

Liam Clarke