[Tutor] Newbie question

Carroll, Barry Barry.Carroll at psc.com
Tue Nov 22 21:44:46 CET 2005

Hello, Erik,

Welcome to the maillist.

>From your description, is sounds like you are attempting to run the
scripts by double clicking on them from Windows Explorer, or from the
Run dialog on the Start menu.  Both these methods open a command window
in a new process, run the script, then terminate the process as soon as
the script ends.

Try opening a command window manually, changing to the directory where
the script resides, and running the program from there.  That way the
window will remain after the script has finished, and you can see the
results.

One way to get to a command prompt window is to use the XP start menu:

     Start->All Programs->Accessories->Command Prompt

HTH

BGC