[Tutor] getattr of functions

Negroup - negroup at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 12:00:27 CET 2005

Hi all! I'm here again with a question about introspection.

My module stores a set of functions. I need to know, from another
script, if a particular function of this module "is enabled" (it
means, if it shall be executed by the caller script). I looked for
some introspective builtin/function, but I didn't find anything useful
(except func_globals, func_dict, func_code, etc, that don't help in my

This is my solution:

def f1():
def f2():

setattr(f1, 'enabled', True)
setattr(f2, 'enabled', False)

foo at bar:~/projects/erp/migra$ python
Python 2.3.5 (#1, Sep  6 2005, 12:53:27)
[GCC 3.3.4] on linux2
>>> from mymodule import *
>>> f1.enabled
>>> f2.enabled

This seems to work.. I wonder for better solutions.

Thanks you all!