[Tutor] hey (fwd)

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Nov 28 22:45:00 CET 2005

> hey, well i dont know how to program. i know how to use cmd a little
> bit. How to save open create new folders. Add new hardware, uninstall or
> install new programs. Just the basics, maybe a little more. Thats all.
> Python i just want to how to use it?

Hi Kevin,

Ok, so in that case, I'd recommend starting off going through one of the
tutorials in here:

    http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/NonProgrammers

Download Python from:

    http://www.python.org/2.4.2/

and install it.  Then start playing with Python along with a tutorial, and
when you have questions, bring them up here on the Tutor mailing list.

(By the way, you are not subscribed to the Tutor mailing list last time I
checked; please subscribe yourself at
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tutor.)

Since you're just starting off you might find the following tutorial
helpful:

    http://hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu/~dyoo/python/idle_intro/index.html

(But just for full disclosure: I wrote it.  *grin*)

There is one bit that's outdated that I have to fix on it: the menu option
for running scripts has moved to the "Run Module" command in the Module
menu.  Other than that, it should still be relevant.

Best of wishes to you!