[Tutor] Scientific Notation + 18 Digit Precision

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Nov 28 23:12:29 CET 2005

> Unless someone asks me, I do not plan to further mix physics with
> Python. My QM instructor said that my electron model theory was "like a
> snake chasing its tail," so perhaps Python is the right language to use?

Hi Hubert,

I see, so it sounds like you're using Python as an extended calculation
engine.

By the way, from your descriptions, I think you might also find something
like the Mathematica or Maxima systems useful.  Mathematica's "workbook"
interface, in particular, allows for similar kinds of experimental
calculations.  Both systems emphasize mathematical integrity, and this
might make those system better well suited to your equations than Python.

You can find out more here:

    http://maxima.sourceforge.net/
    http://www.wolfram.com/

Best of wishes to you!