[Tutor] Read Excel file without COM

K.Weinert@gmx.net K.Weinert at gmx.net
Tue Nov 29 23:52:29 CET 2005

Hello,
you could try to access the excel file via ODBC if the only thing you need
to do is reading. It worked for me when I was working with Excel 95 (no COM)
and wanted to read in worksheets in python.

Here are some infos on excel datasources:
http://www.idude.net/excel/articles/using_excel_file_datasources.asp

I could not access password-protected excel files, the fetchall() method did
not work, create/drop index, alter table did not work, table names are
like "[sheet1$]" (note the brackets and the dollar sign).

Just my 2Cents,
Karsten.

--
Highspeed-Freiheit. Bei GMX supergünstig, z.B. GMX DSL_Cityflat,
DSL-Flatrate für nur 4,99 Euro/Monat*  http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl