[Tutor] log parsing

Will Harris mosinu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 01:40:10 CET 2005

I am trying to work out doing a bit of log parsing in python. Below is the
code I have gotten so far, It works in an earlier version of this one but
this one doesn't print out the lines in my log files. Does anyone see
anything that I am missing here or can just point me in the direction to
This iteration I am just trying to get it to let me specify the logs I want
to parse from the command line (later I want to sort all this out and put it
into a postgres database)

import sys
import re

USAGE = (sys.argv[0]) + ''' logfile logfile logfile '''

def hasAccept(s):
   return s.find('accept-n-log') != -1

def hasDrop(s):
   return s.find('drop-n-log') != -1