[Tutor] Trying to prevent ftplib from locking my script

Tim Rupp caphrim007 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 21:20:12 CEST 2005

Hi list,

I'm trying to write a python script that uses ftplib to send items to a
local server I have. I want to be able to give ftplib a file to send,
and then just have it sort of go into the background and do its thing
while the script does other "stuff"

My attempts at it so far have caused the whole script to wait until the
ftp transfer finishes (essentially pausing the rest of the script).

Any ideas on how I can just make it go away, allowing me to do other
stuff like output various info? Can threads be used? If so, does anyone
have good resources to point me to for python threading?

Thanks in advance!
Tim